In response to the alarming rise of COVID-19 cases, a state of emergency was declared on January 12, 2021, for all of Ontario. These changes will take effect on Thursday, January 14 at 12:01 a.m. You can find the official overview of what this means by visiting the Ontario governments’ website, specifically the detailed framework.
While this declaration does not have a significant impact on the real estate industry, REALTORs® are reminded that under the lockdown measures which began on December 26th and under this new state of emergency, business is not as usual.
- Masks must be worn at all times when meeting clients.
- Only show a home if absolutely necessary and is limited to a group of three including the buyer’s agent.
- Urgently needed in-person showings are permitted but MUST be scheduled in advance
- Open houses remain prohibited.
- We continue to practice strict social distancing protocols.
As REALTORs®, we must comply with all provincial requirements, the municipal guidelines and then all the standard REALTOR® Code of Ethics when conducting any showing or business activity.
We are monitoring the situation and will be keeping you posted as the situation develops.
Thank you and stay safe!
If you have any questions and concerns about listing/buying your home please do not hesitate to give us a call our experienced agents will assist you through this difficult time.